Saturday, July 21, 2012

The line up for Hellfire 17

Hellfire is just around the corner. I'm already making checklists, comparing motor prices, looking over my budget and doing final adjustments to rockets. Last year I focused on getting as much flights in as possible. I was always frantically running around. This year I'm just going to sit back and relax. I'll fly what I can but if I don't have the money or the time, no biggie. I am planning on flying all of my minimum diameter rockets. The 24, 29 and 38. This should be a fun line up, a bunch of mach busting flights and I'll spend a good bit of time tracking these things down.  Here is the stats for all of my flights:

Motor Mounts are for sissies
Diameter: 1in
 Length:  10in
Weight; about 1 oz.
Motor: F32-8T
Estimated Speed: Mach 1.03 (trans-sonic)
Estimated altitude: 3000ft.
Simon should be preping and flying this one. The rocket is all home wrapped fiberglass except for the nosecone. We will be drag racing Kaelan with his rocket, also on an F32T.


Shockwave29.
Diameter: 1.25in
Length: 25in
 Motor: H410-14VM
Estimated Speed: Mach 1.5 (supersonic)
Estimated Altitude:  5400 feet.
This will be tower launched. I should get some serious speed out of this little guy. All carbon fiber construction. Tracking smoke and a mylar streamer will aid with visibility.


MachMobile38.
Diameter 1.6in
Length: about 3feet
 Motor: H400 vmax
Estimated speed: Mach 1.2
 Estimated altitude: 4500 feet
I might fly this on the CTI 2G white thunder reload instead of the vmax. It should be fast anyway. This will be rail launched.


If I have any extra money, I might fly one of my larger rockets like darkstar or my Little John. GOT IT???

No comments:

Post a Comment