Sunday, July 8, 2012

The Stub 2.0

The stub 2.0 began as an "Im bored" project. I had a few extra hours to kill, a 2.6in tube and some fiberglass cloth. Having nothing to do, I glassed the tube out of bordem. I found a nosecone, one from my old 2.6in patriot that I had scraped. I had some scrap plywood and a few extra centering rings so why NOT make a rocket? I cut 3 fins out of 1/8in craft plywood with a jigsaw and started building.
This little guy has a big old 38mm motor mount, capable of flying on a large H motor. It will reach almost 3000 feet on the largest motor, The H100IM. However, it will fly great on Fs and Gs. A large E motor would also be good to fly at the local park.
The original stub was built in 2010, exactly 2 years ago. It was my first 2.6in rocket. I thought it was huge!

A 2G motor sticks up quite a bit into the BT

Not quite sure when I'll fly this or IF i'll even fly this.

No comments:

Post a Comment